Durham SEND Information Advice and Support Service
Telephone: 0191 587 3541 or 03000 267 007
If you are unable to get through, please leave a voicemail and we will return your call within 5 working days.
Monday to Friday, 8.30am until 5.00pm.
Referral by professionals
Primarily, we operate a ‘self-referral’ process for families. However, on occasion it may be considered appropriate for a professional to contact the service on behalf of the parent/carer or young person.
If this is the case, please complete the SENDIASS external referral form to seek advice from our service on behalf of parents, carers, and young people that you are working with, or if you would like to refer a family to the service. Consent must be obtained before a form is submitted.
All forms will be reviewed by the SENDIASS Support Officer/SENDIASS Coordinator, and the appropriate information and advice provided. We will respond as soon as possible but it can take up to five working days when the Advice Line is busy.
Meet the team
- Lisa Kirton – SENDIASS Manager
- Catherine Winn – SENDIASS Officer
- Angela McGinlay – SENDIASS Officer
- Ann Marie Connor – Support Officer
- Christine Close – Neurodevelopment Family Support Officer
- Kirsty Blake – Neurodevelopment Family Support Officer
- Ruth Pope – Enabling Inclusive Communities Co-ordinator
- Danielle Pope – Enabling Inclusive Communities Officer