What is the Local Offer?
Every local authority must publish a Local Offer. The Local Offer tells you what support the local authority expects to be available for children and young people with special educational needs (SEN) and/or disabilities. It must include information about education, health and care provision. It should also tell you about training, employment and independent living for young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
Who is it for?
The Local Offer is for:
- children and young people with SEN and/or disabilities from birth to 25.
- their parents and carers.
- practitioners and professionals.
What should the Local Offer do?
The Local Offer should:
- make it easier to find out what you need to know.
- give you information about what is available.
- tell you where you can get further information.